Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Social Media

I am on two social networking sites. I am on Facebook and Twitter. I use Facebook to interact with friends, both that I don't see on a regular basis, and still talk to daily. I also use it to play games and keep track of news such as in sports. I use Twitter mainly in part for this class to interact with other classmates about certain assignments and information regarding the class. I also use Blogger for similar tasks. I'd say I prefer to use Facebook because I find myself using it more on my free time, and I have had an account longer.

Virtual worlds are simulated worlds online requiring players to take part in the community. It is very similar to a video game. There are Second Life and MMORPGS'(massively multiplayer online role playing games). Examples of those are games like Warcraft and Starcraft. Virtual Worlds, like Facebook and Twitter, can also be used to interact and communicate with friends while playing the game at the same time. Not only that, but in Going to the virtual office in Second Life, the article talks about new innovative ways to make business conferences and more easy and convenient by having the meetings virtually through Second Life. These sources of communication can also span into the medical realm. In iReport: 'Naughty Auties' battle autism with virtual interaction, the articles talks about new ways to communicate through Second Life as well by helping those with autism. In my personal virtual world I would like to be a sort of ninja or warrior.
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you stated, "Virtual worlds are simulated worlds online requiring players to take part in the community." society won’t let people stay out of the virtual world it is a mandatory think now and days.

    ReplyDelete